ActiveSG will implement the following policies for gym and pool slot bookings:
- With effect from 22 Feb 2021 (Monday), the timing for the new release of gym/pool slots for booking will be revised to 12pm daily.
- With effect from 14 January 2021,
- 2.1 Cancellation of Gym/Pool Bookings – Members will be able to cancel their gym/pool bookings up to 2 hours before the start of the timeslot. No refunds will be provided for cancellations. Cancelled bookings will not count towards the no-show quota.
- 2.2 Extension of Gym Timeslot – Duration of gym slot will increase from 90 to 100 minutes.
- Morning pool slots for general public - With effect from 10 November 2020, general public may use the morning pool slots from 6.30 am – 12.00pm.
- No-Show Policy - With effect from 1 October 2020, members who do not turn up for three or more gym/pool bookings will have their membership suspended for two weeks. Members will be notified via email should their account be suspended. During the period of suspension, members will not be allowed to book any of our ActiveSG facilities.
- 3-Day Advance Booking - With effect from 1 October 2020, to ensure that all members have equal opportunities to exercise at our facilities, members will be able to book gym/pool slots only up to three days in advance.
For queries, members of the public may write in to us or call 1800-344-1177 during office hours (Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am to 6.00pm)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Advance Booking & Cancellation of Swim/Gym Slots
Qn: How far ahead in advance can I start booking the swim/gym slots?
Booking slots will open 3 days ahead of the usage date at 1200hrs, right up till the usage time. For example, for usage on 4 Mar, members can start booking on 1 Mar 1200hrs.
Qn: Why the change in the booking policy for the booking of swim/gym slot?
Ans: Based on our data, we observed that the incidence of default increases when a member book slots further in advance. As such, members will now be able to book gym/pool slots up to three (3) days in advance instead of 14 or 15 days.
Qn: Can I cancel my swim/gym booking if I am not able to make it?
Ans: Yes. With effect from 14 January 2021, you are able to cancel your bookings two hours before the start time of the booked slot, i.e. If your booked slot is 10am – 11am, you can cancel any time before 7:59am. You will not be able to cancel your bookings less than two hours before the start of your timeslot. If you cancel your booked slot, it will not count towards the no-show quota.
Qn: Why allow cancellation of swim/gym bookings?
Ans: There are limited capacities at our gym and swimming complexes. To encourage members to book responsibly, the cancellation feature is to allow users to self-help if they need to cancel their bookings due to unforeseen circumstances to avoid being penalised for no-show.
Qn: Can we cancel our badminton bookings and other facilities booking?
Ans: No. Currently there is no penalty for no-show for badminton bookings and other facilities. However, we are constantly monitoring usage patterns and will review our policies where necessary.
Qn: How do I cancel my swim/gym bookings?
Ans: You can do so by logging in to your account from ActiveSG app or myactivesg.com.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Tap on My Bookings and Passes.
- Look for your bookings under Today & Upcoming tab and tap on the Cancel button and Yes button.
- Click on My Bookings on the left navigational menu.
- Click on the booking you intend to cancel from the list.
- Click on the Cancel button and Yes button
Qn: Will I get a refund for cancelling my swim/gym bookings?
Ans: No, there will not be any refunds provided.
Qn: If I cancel my booking, will I still be counted as a no-show?
Ans: No, you will not be counted as a no-show for your cancelled bookings.
Qn: What happens to my cancelled swim/gym slot?
Ans: Your cancelled slots will be released for other members to book. We encourage you to release your bookings early to allow others a chance to utilise it.
Qn: Can I request for a refund if it is raining but there is no Cat 1 alert?
Ans: We will not provide a refund if it is a light drizzle. However, in the event of a lightning risk, or the visibility of the pool is poor, we will provide a refund.
Qn: When will I be able to book for the morning slots for 6:30am and 7:45am?
Ans: Members may start booking the 6.30 am and 7.45am slots starting from 10 Nov 2020 for 13 Nov 2020.
Qn: Why are some of the competition pools closed for the morning slots (6.30 am – 7.30 and 7.45 am to 8.45 am)?
Ans: We will continue to monitor the utilisation patterns and review this arrangement when necessary.
Qn: What is the detail of the no-show policy for gym/pool slots booking?
Ans: Starting 1 October, members who do not turn up for three (3) gym/pool bookings within a month will have their membership temporarily suspended for two weeks.
Qn: Why introduce the no-show policy?
Ans: The purpose of this policy is to prevent members from hoarding slots that could otherwise be used meaningfully by other members.
Qn: Have there been high incidences of no-shows hence the introduction of this policy?
Ans: Since ActiveSG reopened our facilities on 19 June 2020, we introduced a mandatory online pre-booking system as part of Sport Singapore’s Safe Management Measures. This is to prevent users from queuing outside the gym and overcrowding in the gym as the underpinning principle of the resumption of physical activities and sports under strict restrictions is to provide a safe environment for our people and to minimise community transmissions.
Over the past few months, we have been monitoring our facilities utilisation rate and observed that more than 15% of users who pre-booked their slots do not turn up during the booked slot.
Qn: What constitutes a no-show?
Ans: When you fail to turn up for the gym or pool slot that you booked, without cancelling the slot in time.
The following scenarios does not count as a no show:
- Any closures initiated by ActiveSG due to maintenance and other reasons
- Cat 1 weather condition that does not permit usage of outdoor facilities
Qn: If I am suspended temporarily for two weeks due to no show, can I still jog in the stadium?
Ans: Yes, you can jog in the stadium, but you are unable to book any facilities.