Learning how to use a fitness ball
Image credit: bigstock.com
If you’re looking to strengthen your core, using a fitness ball at home can be your solution. These fitness balls are more than just fun to sit and bounce on, they’re also a great way to improve your overall strength, cardiovascular endurance, and balance.
Tackle these basic moves, and you’ll be toning up your ab muscles just by keeping yourself balanced on the ball. Additionally, the moves will also target the fats covering the muscles in the torso area, helping to reduce belly fat.
1. Sit in an upright position on a fitness ball with both feet rooted on the floor in front of you.
2. Your knees should be bent at 90 degrees.
3. Begin bouncing to engage your core.
4. Vary your arm motions, such as reaching forward and back, up and down, in and out. Try bouncing for two to five minutes as a warm-up.
V-Sit with ball
1. Lie face up on the ground with the balls of your feet resting on top of the ball.
2. With arms pointing towards the feet, roll your torso up so that the body forms a “V” shape, with hips firmly placedon the ground.
3. Hold for five counts, and slowly roll back down to the ground.
1. Grab your fitness ball and stand with your legs hip-width apart.
2. Raise the ball over your head, keeping your arms extended and close to your ears.
3. Now squat down, and hold for one count, then come back up.
4. Keep your arms lifted in the air as you do 12 to 15 squats.
Squat and reach
1. Hold the ball out in front of you with straight arms, so that it is level with the face.
2. Squat down, bringing the ball to the left side, just above the left foot.
3. Hang tight in this position for three slow breaths, and then return to the standing position.
4. Repeat on the other side, by squatting and bringing the ball to the right side, just above the right foot.
5. Hang tight in this position for another three slow breaths.6. Repeat steps two to five eight times.