It’s gonna be a Tropics’ Special and we have 3 awesome dishes for you to attempt! Have a go at tonight’s Balinese Salmon Bowl, Banana Brownie Muffin & Tropical Chia Delight!
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Active Health nutritionist, Azlina, and Figure Skater, COrin Chen, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today!
Balinese Salmon Bowl (Serves 2)
1 stalk coriander
½ chilli, remove seed
¼ cup water
2 tsp canola oil
2 tbsp kicap manis
½ cup chicken stock
½ tsp lemon juice
2 x 100 g salmon pieces
50 g baby spinach
1 cup sweetcorn, microwaved
100 g broccoli, blanched
120 g cherry tomatoes
80 g edamame, seeded
1 tsp white sesame seed
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add blended ingredient and cook under gentle heat for about 5 – 6 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add 2 tbsp kicap manis (thick sweet soya sauce) and cook till sauce thicken.
3. Reserve 1 tbsp of marinade to make dressing. Coat salmon with the marinade and let it rest for 15 minutes. Bake salmon in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 – 15 minutes.
4. To prepare dressing, add the 1 tbsp of marinade with chicken stock and simmer. Add ½ tsp lemon juice
5. To assemble bowl, place spinach at the base. Add corn, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, edamame and salmon into the bowl.
6. Drizzle dressing on the bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seed and serve hot!
Banana Brownie Muffin (Serves 4)
1/2 cup oat, grind finely
1/3 cup plain flour
1/3 cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60 g butter, melted
3 tbsp low-fat milk
1 large banana, mashed
50 g brown sugar
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
30 g walnut, crushed
1. Preheat oven at 170°C. Prepare muffin cups.
2. Sieve oat, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk sugar, melted butter, egg, milk in a separate bowl. Fold in sifted ingredients gently until evenly mixed. Add in mashed banana and chocolate chips.
4. Place mixture into the muffin cup until 3/4 full. Top with crushed walnut.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 – 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the centre should come out clean.
Tropical Chia Delight (Serves 4)
3 tbsp chia seed
100 g mango yoghurt
100 mL light coconut milk
150 mL water
1 mango, deseed and cut into small cubes
4 jackfruits, deseed and cut into small cubes
Pomegranate for garnish
1. Mix mango yoghurt, light coconut milk, water and chia seed and soak for about 20 minutes
to make your pudding.
2. Layer chia pudding, mangoes and jackfruit in your cup.
3. Garnish with pomegranate or fruit of choice.