Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Hola! It’s a food fiesta! Come and partake in tonight’s MEXICAN dishes as we take you through the following recipes: Cheesy Chicken Corn Carne Pasta, Zucchini Parmesan Rounds with Home-Made Salsa & Vege Wanton Taco Cup.
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian, Parim, and Livestreamer, Jolline , as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today!
Cheesy Chili Con Carne Pasta (serves ~4)
100g uncooked elbow macaroni
150g minced chicken
210g can tomato, diced
210g can tomato sauce
2 small onions, sliced
1 packet (35g) chili spice mix
100g red cheddar, shredded and extra for garnish
210g whole kernel corn, frozen
2 cups hot water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft.
2. Add minced chicken and fry for 5 minutes. Add chili spice and cook it well.
3. Pour water, dice tomato, corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Add uncooked macaroni and reduce heat to low. Cover to simmer for 10 minutes until pasta is cooked. Stir occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese into pasta till all melted and combined.
6. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and serve.
Zucchini Parmesan Rounds with home-made salsa sauce (serves ~6)
1 large zucchini, sliced into ¼ cm
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
13g Parmesan cheese, grated
½ teaspoon grated garlic
160g ripe tomato, chopped roughly
130g can dice tomato
1 stalk spring onion, chopped into thirds
2½ tablespoon red onion, roughly chopped
½ can jalepeno
2½ tablespoon coriander
¼ chilli powder
1/8 tablespoon cumin powder
¼ large garlic, roughly chopped
½ tablespoon lemon juice
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Salsa: Combine all ingredients in food blender or processor and pulse it for 1 minute. Ready to be served.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer zucchini in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, toss to combine.
4. On a baking tray, place aluminium foil. Place zucchini slices on tray and bake it for 5 minutes.
5. Remove and turn over the slices, sprinkle parmesan on top of each slice. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove and enjoy with salsa sauce.
Vege Wonton Taco Cup (serves ~6)
12 wonton skin (2 for each wonton cup)
130g can refried beans
½ yellow capsicum, diced
6 slices can jalapenos
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
40g home-made salsa sauce (refer to zucchini parmesan recipe)
34g red cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small tub Greek yogurt
1 stalk coriander leaves
2 tablespoon black olives, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 185 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes.
2. Brush oil on muffin tray and place one wonton square in each mold.
3. Place another wonton square diagonally on top of the first square to create a thicker wonton cup.
4. Brush oil on wonton lightly. Bake it in the centre oven rack for 5 minutes until golden edges.
5. Warm up refried beans in a microwave or stove.
6. Once wontons are baked, remove and fill with refried beans, salsa sauce, capsicum, spring onion, olives, cheddar, coriander, yogurt and topped with a slice of jalapeno.
7. Ready to serve.