Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Tango in your kitchen as you recreate these Mango-themed recipes: Mango Chicken Curry w Basmati rice, Mango & Vegetable Vietnamese roll w Satay sauce & Sparkling Mango Orange Mocktail!
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietician, Parim, and Micro Influencer, Sophia Wang, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today!
Mango Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice (serves ~2)
Blend these ingredients to a paste in a blender.
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
½ red chilli
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
250g chicken breast, diced
3 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon coriander ground
1 teaspoon garam masala ground
1 small onion, diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato puree
¼ cup Greek yogurt
1 fresh ripe mango, peeled, cored and diced
1 tablespoon canola oil
¾ teaspoon salt
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. Saute until fragrant.
2. Add paste and cook until fragrant. Add coriander, garam masala, onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in tomato puree and yogurt and stir well. Bring it to boil.
4. Add marinated chicken and mango. Combine the mixture well and close then cook the chicken through for 7-10 minutes.
5. Serve the curry with cooked basmati rice.
Mango and vegetables on Vietnamese roll with satay sauce (serves ~6)
1 ripe mango, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
½ carrot, thinly sliced
½ cucumber, seeds removed, thinly sliced
1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
1 bunch fresh mint leaves
12 Vietnamese Rice paper
1 tablespoon Satay Sauce, ready-made
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon hot water
1. Dissolve satay sauce in hot water and lemon juice into thinner sauce. Set aside.
2. In a large shallow pan, fill with warm water. Lay a rice paper in warm water and let it rest there for 20 seconds, until soft. Transfer soft rice paper to plate.
3. Arrange mango, mint, coriander, carrots and cucumber in the centre of the rice paper in a horizontal line.
4. Fold over bottom of rice paper. Then fold in left and right sides of rice paper, and roll the rice paper up until it is sealed.
5. Fold once again with another soft rice paper on to this roll.
6. Cut the rolls into halves. Serve immediately with satay sauce.
Sparkling Mango Orange Mocktail (serves ~4)
1 cup mango, ripe, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
1 cup fresh orange juice, cold
10 mint leaves
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup soda water
1. In a blender, add all ingredients, except soda, and blend together.
2. Top up with soda water and serve.