Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
SPICE UP your evenings with today’s Baked Brinjal Bites, Chicken Sambal Ijo & Grapefruit Soda!
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Active Health Nutritionist, Sharmila, and Miss Grand Taiwan 2018, Tania Tan, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today!
Baked Brinjal Bites
Serves: 3-4 pax I Prep time: 15 minutes I Cooking Time: 25 minutes
400g Brinjal or eggplant
150g mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
125g minced chicken
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tbsp tomato sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 wedge lemon (optional)
Chopped parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 200 Degrees Celsius.
2. Slice brinjal into 1cm thick circles. Season with salt and leave aside for 5 minutes.
3. Pat dry the brinjals with kitchen towel. Brush brinjal with oil and line in baking tray. Bake at 200 Degrees Celsius for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp canola oil. Fry onion, garlic and mushroom till soft.
5. Add minced chicken and season with tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
6. Remove brinjal from oven between cooking, spoon mushroom and chicken mixture over brinjal, add cheese and continue baking for the rest of the balance time until brinjal is soft.
7. Remove from oven, squeeze some lemon juice over the brinjals and serve with chopped parsley for garnish.
Chicken Sambal ljo
Prep time: 10 minutes I Cooking Time: 25 minutes
300g chicken breast
1 tbsp canola oil
100g whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and pepper for seasoning
B (To Blend)
10 green chillies, roughly chopped
1-2 birds eye chilli, roughly chopped
2 green tomatoes / 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 small garlic, chopped
Juice of one lime
C (For Sambal Sauce)
1 tbsp canola oil
1½ tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
Juice of half a lime
1. Blend ingredients in B coarsely in a blender or food processor.
2. In a non stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon canola oil and add blended ingredients B.
3. Sauté the ingredients adding in sugar and salt. Stir occasionally and cook till blended mixture is well combined and forms a sauce.
4. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon canola oil and cook chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side till cooked.
5. Remove sambal ijo from heat and stir in half the juice of lime.
6. Remove chicken from pan.
7. Top with sambal ijo and serve hot.
Prep time: 5 minutes I Total time: 10 minutes
1 can soda water
2 tsp honey or simple syrup (2 tsp sugar dissolved in hot water)
1. Squeeze the juice of one grapefruit and half a orange into a bow. Mix well.
2. Fill two glasses with ice. Pour half the grapefruit mixture through a strainer into each glass.
3.Fill to top with soda water.
4. Stir well and add sugar syrup if needed.