Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Eggs are so versatile and when done right, can be super delicious. So join us as we share with you some wonderful recipes that you can try out with eggs!
1. Scrambled eggs – Gordon Ramsay style (Serves 2)
15 g butter
1 tbsp Crème fraiche
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Crack eggs into a deep saucepan
2. Add butter to eggs mix and put the pan on high heat
3. Stir continuously with a spatula, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan
4. After 30 seconds, take the pan off the heat and keep stirring. After about 10 seconds, put the mixture back on heat. Repeat for about 3 minutes
5. In the last minute, season the eggs lightly and stir in the crème fraiche
6. Garnish with spring onions and serve!
Tip: pair scrambled eggs with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms for a breakfast meal. Or pair with smoked salmon in a wrap for additional protein boost!
2. Shakshuka (Serves 2)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
½ capsicum, diced (mix different colours)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped zucchini
½ cup frozen corn
1 can diced tomato
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
1. Stir fry garlic and onion in a pan with oil until fragrant.
2. Add vegetables one by one and stir fry until vegetables look bright.
3. Stir in canned tomatoes and add tomato paste.
4. Add paprika and cumin.
5. Crack eggs individually in a bowl, make a well in the cooking mixture and add the eggs into the wells.
6. Simmer for about 5 mins
Tip: pair shakshuka with wrap or flat bread for added carbohydrate or with salad for a low carbohydrate meal!
3. Korean Marinated Eggs (Serves 3)
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup water
½ cup rice syrup/corn syrup/sugar/honey
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 stalks spring onion, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
1 tbsp sesame seed
1. Boil eggs in water for 5 to 8 mins (depending on strength of stove) to get hard boiled eggs. Remove shell of eggs after eggs are cooled.
2. In a container, combine soy sauce, water, syrup and mix well.
3. Add garlic, spring onions, chilli and sesame seeds to the mixture and stir.
4. Add boiled eggs to mixture, ensure that eggs are fully submerged. Cover and store eggs in refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving. Eggs will last at 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
5. Serve eggs over rice or noodles. Drizzle sesame oil for extra fragrance!