Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Craving something good yet healthy? Join host Ben Logan Sng, guest Joanna Gow and Singapore Sport Institute's dietitian Parim as they share some healthy meal recipes!
Cheats Turkish Lamb Pide (serves ~4)
200g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt
380g minced lamb
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 tablespoon tomato puree
1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
A small handful of flat-parsley leaves, chopped, stalk removed
A small handful of coriander leaves, chopped, stalk removed
2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1. In a medium frying pan, heat ½ tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté till translucent.
2. Add mince lamb, cumin powder, coriander powder and pinch of salt. Cook until mince lamb is browned. Add tomato puree and cook lamb thoroughly.
3. Stir in red pepper for final 2 minutes. Leave it on the pan.
4. In a large bowl, add flour, olive oil, water and pinch of salt. Combine until it comes together as a dough. Add more water if required to form a
5. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each one into oval shape.
6. Heat ½ tablespoon of olive oil on frying pan. Add 2 pides at a time and cook for 5-7 mins, until gold both sides. Brush olive oil on top of each pide.
7. Heat up the cooked lamb for 1 minute. Top each pide with cooked lamb mince and pepper.
8. Serve each pide topped with coriander and parsley leaves and with remaining oil.
Corn and Feta Salad (serves ~6)
1 corn canned, rinsed and drained
50g feta cheese, crumbled
1 spring onion stalk, root removed and finely sliced
2 tablespoon flat parsley leaf, thick stalk discarded and chopped
½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced thinly
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, chilli and fennel seeds.
2. Add corn, feta, spring onion and parsley into the mixture and fold in well.
3. Season it with salt and pepper before serving.
Turkish Yogurt Drink (serves ~4)
400g Greek or plain natural yogurt
2 cups of cold water
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
A handful of mint leaves, stalk removed and finely chopped
1. In a blender, add all ingredients and blend together until drink becomes frothy.
2. Transfer in a glass and garnish with pinch of pepper and mint leave.
3. Serve chilled.