Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Find out what's cooking on the latest episode of Wot'Cha Cooking? Join host Ben Logan Sng (孙景祥), guest Dolly Lo and Singapore Sport Institute master chef Liyan as they whip up scrumptious and healthy meals!
1. Sesame Wine Chicken Mee Sua (Serves 2)
2 tbsp sesame oil + 1 tsp per bowl for serving
30 g ginger, sliced
300 g chicken drumlets or chicken thigh, chopped
250 ml chicken stock
40 g carrots, diced
10 g black fungus, soaked and chopped
10 g dried shiitake mushroom, soaked and chopped. Keep mushroom water
½ cup hua diao wine
1 tsp wolfberries, soaked
2 bundles mee sua
2 spring onions, chopped
1. In a pot, stir fry ginger with sesame oil until fragrant
2. Add chicken to pot and stir fry until surface of chicken is cooked
3. Add carrots, black fungus and mushrooms and stir fry for about 1 min
4. Add chicken stock and chinese wine and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and let simmer for 15 mins. Tip: add mushroom water to mixture if liquid dries out.
5. Place 1 bundle of mee sua in each serving bowl. Add hot water and let mee sua soak for 1-2 mins until soft. Pour away hot water and add sesame oil to prevent mee sua from sticking
6. Just before serving, add wolfberry to chicken stew.
7. Serve chicken stew over mee sua and garnish with spring onions. Enjoy!
2. Cream soup spaghetti (Serves 2)
2 tbsp olive oil
150 g chicken, diced
½ onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
~15 thin asparagus
100 g shimeiji mushrooms
300 ml stock (e.g. dashi or chicken)
150 g spaghetti (No.3)
200 ml milk
¼ cup grated parmesan
1. In a pot, sear chicken pieces with oil until surface is cooked
2. Add onion and garlic and stirfry until fragrant
3. Add asparagus and shimeiji mushroom to mixture and stir fry until veggies look bright (~1-2 mins)
4. Add stock and spaghetti to mixture and bring to boil. Stir occassionaly to prevent spaghetti from sticking to bottom of pot.
5. Simmer mixture for about 8 mins (according to pasta instructions). Add milk and gently boil mixture for another 1-2 min.
6. Turn off heat and add grated parmesan.
7. Let mixture sit for 1-2 mins before serving.
3. Virgin Mojito (Serves 2)
~20 fresh mint leaves
4 tbsp freshly sqeezed lime juice
4 tbsp simple syrup*
1 cup sparkling water
*simple syrup refers to equal parts of white sugar and water combined over medium high heat.
1. In a glass, add mint leaves and pour lime juice and syrup over mint leave.
2. Gently crush mint leaves using a spoon to release flavour of mint.
3. Add sparkling water and fill up the glass with ice and stir.
4. Garnish with a slice or wedge of lime and serve!