Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Who’s up for some ITALIAN food tonight?!
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Dr. Ricco & Zumba Instructor Venus Wang, as they whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today!
The dishes are as follows:
1) Spaghetti meats in 8 Vege sauce
2) Arancini fried Italian rice balls
3)Cherry & chocolate dippers
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food while keeping healthy at the same time!
Have a go at these recipes and cook up a healthy feast for you and your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getacti...
Spaghetti Meatballs in 8 vege sauce (Serves 4)
200g Dried spaghetti
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper
1 small carrot
½ cup pumpkin
1 small eggplant/brinjaw
1 small cooked beetroot
2 cans chopped tomatoes in juice
500g lean beef mince
Mixed dried herbs
1.Boil kettle. Add hot water to a pot on a medium high heat. Add splash of olive oil to then water and then the spaghetti and cook until al dente.
2. Finely dice the garlic, onion and pepper. Place a large frying pan on a medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oi to the pan and add the garlic, onion and pepper and sauté until soft.
3. Quickly grate the remaining vege, add to the pan and fry for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add the canned tomatoes, season with salt, stir, lower heat and allow to simmer
5. Prep the meatballs by taking a large pinch of mince, flatten into a disc shape in your hand, and add a sprinkle of garlic salt and mixed dried herbs. Fold in half, flatten again. Repeat 3 more times, then roll into a ball.
6. Fry the meatballs in a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil for a minute each side to brown them, then pour the vege sauce over the top, add grated cheese, and allow to simmer for ten minutes until meatballs are cooked and cheese is melted.
7. Serve with spaghetti. Buon appetito!
Arancini Fried Italian Rice balls (Serves 4)
3-4 cups of leftover sushi or risotto rice
Mozzarella cheese balls
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- Take 3-4Tbsp of leftover rice, and press out into a disc shape in your palm
- Place a small mozzarella cheese ball in the middle, and roll up into a ball, with the cheese in the middle.
- Take 3 bowls, and add a small amount of flour to one, 2 whisked eggs to the second and breadcrumbs to the third
- Roll each rice ball firstly in the flour, then the egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs
- Lightly fry each rice ball in a medium hot pan with olive or canola oil until brown and crispy. Season lightly with salt.
- Enjoy the rice balls while warm, so the cheese is melted.
Cherry and chocolate dippers
For a fast, impressive dessert, dip fresh cherries from their stalks in honey and then roll in freshly grated chocolate. Notes of cocoa and stone fruit. Like wine! Delicious.