Enjoying Get Active TV so far? Let us know what you think in this simple survey now!
Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Parim and Chef instructor, Low Tian Heng, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1. Cheddar Scallion Scones
2. Fruit Soda Bread
3. Quick & Easy Bread Pudding
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getacti...
Cheddar Scallion Scone ( Serves ~2)
A. 620g plain flour
16g baking powder
4g baking soda
B. 130g unsalted butter
C. 30g spring onion, chopped
D. 360g Dairy Cream
E. 100g Water
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2. In a medium bowl, rub Group A and Group B together.
3. Add in cheese and spring onion.
4. Add in liquid and clear the dough.
5. Shape and cut the dough.
6. Briush egg wash and bake for 170 degrees Celcius for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. At home, bake for 200 degrees celsius for 18 minutes.
Fruit Soda Bread ( Serves ~6)
420g unbleached All-purpose flour, extra for springling the baking sheet or tray.
*300ml plain yogurt with 100ml low fat milk
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon honey
Olive oil, to brush on top of dough
1 medium lemon, zest
1 medium orange, zest
150g black raisins
55g dried cranberries
*Note: you can replace to low fat milk with a sqeeze of lemon juice or few drops of vingear. Stir and sit for 2 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Take a baking sheet or tray and sprinkle with small handful amount of flour.
2. Mix yogurt and milk in a measuring jug or bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, orange zest, raisins and cranberries. Combine this dry mix well.
4. Scoop out the dough and knead few seconds on a flour dusted working bench.
5. Form the dough into a ball shape and place on baking sheet.
6. Using pastry brush, brush olive oil on top of dough and score a cross almost all the way down.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 30minutes, until golden brown. Cover the top with aluminium foil after 15 minutes if its getting darker. Continue baking.
8. Take out and cool for 10 minutes before cutting up. Serve with your choice of spread.
Quick & Easy Bread Pudding ( Serves ~1)
1 cup (50g) cubed bread (~2 slices)
1 large Egg
½ cup (74g) milk
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch of Cinnamon powder, optional
Pinch of Nutmeg powder, optional
Vanilla extract, optional
Add-on: 2 tablespoons of any of the choices; Raisins/ Dried Fruit/Fresh berries/ Banana/ Chocolate Chips/ Chopped nuts
1. Put bread in fairly shallow , single-serve microwave bowl or Mug.
2. In sa separate nowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla extract and sugar with a fork.
3. Pour mixture over the bread ad stir gently till combined well.
4. Stir in “add-on” along with cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
5. Microwave in high heat for 2 minutes uncovered. Check and see if itd liquid. If it, microwave for another 30seconds , till pudding is cookedall the way centre (Liquid should not be in the centre).
Remove from microwave. Drizzle of maple syrup or jam or sprinkle with crushed nuts or chocolate chips.