Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Liyan and Team Singapore Athlete Charlene Lim, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
- Zosui (Japanese Rice Soup) Miso
- Mushroom and Seafood Spaghetti
- Air-Fried Molten Lava Cake
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getacti...
Zosui (Japanese Rice Soup) (Serves 2)
3 cups dashi stock
2 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp salt
170 g meat of choice (e.g. chicken, fish, beef or pork)
40 g (~1 inch) carrot, cubed
100 g (~3-4 leaves) chinese cabbage, chopped, stem and leaves separated
3 shiitake mushroom, chopped
1 stalk spring onion
1 cup cooked rice
1 inch slice ginger
1 tsp toasted white sesame (optional)
Pepper to taste
1. Bring dashi stock to boil and add carrots, stems of chinese cabbage and ginger
2. Rinse cooked rice in water to remove excess starch
3. Add mushrooms and cooked rice to pot and bring mixture to a boil
4. Add meat and leaves of cabbage and let mixture boil
5. Beat egg in a bowl and pour into broth mixture, cover pot and continue to boil
6. Sprinkle spring onion sesame seeds over mixture and season to taste.
Miso Mushroom and Seafood Spaghetti (Serves 2)
250 g seafood (e.g. prawns, fish, scallops)
200 g spaghetti
50 g butter
300 g assorted mushrooms, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp miso paste
2 stalks spring onion
¼ cup grated parmesan
1. Sear seafood in a pan until golden brown and cooked
2. Cook spaghetti in a pot of water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid.
3. Dissolve miso paste with 1/3 cup of pasta liquid in a bowl.
4. Melt butter in a pan and add mushrooms. Lightly brown mushrooms, stir occasionally. After mushrooms have softened, add minced garlic.
5. Add miso mix to mushroom mixture and bring to boil. Add cooked seafood and spaghetti and mix thoroughly. Turn off heat.
6. Add grated parmesan cheese and mix.
7. Garnish with spring onion and serve.
Airfryer Lava cake (Serves 3)
75 g chocolate chips
50 g unsalted butter
1 pinch of salt
30 g plain flour
1. Melt chocolate chips and butter over boiling water until mixture is smooth
2. Allow mixture to cool slightly before adding a beaten egg to mixture
3. Add salt and flour to mixture and mix till smooth
4. Lightly oil ramekin cups before adding mixture
5. Cook cakes in air fryer at 160 deg C for about 3 mins, remove from air fryer once top layer is cooked and looks solid.
6. Flip over lava cake and serve!