Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Parim, Film Director Kelvin Sng and Team Singapore Shooter Jasmine Ser as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1) Chickpea Power Burger
2) Tofu Brownie Bites
3) Stir-fried Tofu & Tempeh w Glass Noodles
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
From fitness to wellness, skills and knowledge based activities, we've got you covered! Visit this link: https://bit.ly/3cqyp4y
Chickpea Power Burger (serves ~4)
200 g chickpeas (canned)
170g sweetcorn (canned)
8g fresh coriander, extra 2 stalks of leaves for garnish
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ lemon zest, finely grated
1 ½ heaps tablespoon plain flour, extra for dusting
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
4 lettuce leaves
2 large ripe tomatos, sliced
Wholemeal mustard sauce
4 wholemeal burger buns
1. Add drained chickpea and corn into food processor.
2. Add fresh coriander, paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, flour, salt and lemon zest. Pulse until combined together. Avoid blending till smooth to retain texture.
3. On flour dusted surface, divide mixture into 4 equal patties, about ~2 cm thick.
4. To firm up the patties, chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat Airfryer at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, patties can be pan-fried over medium heat with 2 teaspoon of oil).
6. Brush oil on both sides of chilled patties. Place patties in airfryer (or frying-pan). Fry each side for 10 minutes, until patties turn golden brown or cooked thoroughly.
7. Spread mustard sauce onto the base of bun. Layer with lettuce, tomato, few coriander leaves and burger top.
8. Serve it with side salad of your choice.
Stir-fried Tofu and Tempeh with Glass Noodles (serves ~4)
7 Long beans strands, cut into 1cm length
1 lemongrass, only use white portion, sliced thinly
110g firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
100g tempah, cut into 1cm cubes
15g dry glass noodles
*10g dried prawns
1 red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
1 ½ garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
½ teaspoon salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
*For vegetarian version, substitute dried prawns to ½ of vegetable stock cube diluted in 10 ml water. Add the stock along with long beans.
1. Soak glass noodles in 130ml water for 10 minutes or soft. Drain the water.
2. Soak dried prawns in 35ml water for 10 minutes or soft. Drain the water. Pound or mince the prawns finely.
3. Heat up 1 teaspoon of oil in a medium pan over medium heat and fry tempah till turns color to golden brown. Leave it aside in a bowl.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and fry tofu till turns mild golden colour. Leave it aside in a bowl.
5. Add longbeans in the same pan and close the lid. Stir occasionally till ¾ cooked. Leave it aside in a bowl.
6. Sauté garlic, lemongrass and onion till onion are tender. Add dried prawns till fragrant.
7. Add chili and long beans and mix it well.
8. Add on glass noodles and salt, mix with rest of the ingredients for 5 minutes.
9. Lastly, add tofu and tempah and sauté together.
10. Garnish with red chilli. Ready to be served.
Tofu Brownie Bites (serves ~12)
230g silken tofu
2 tablespoon corn starch
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup plain flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon water
¼ cup (25g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup (65g) chopped walnut
Oil, for grease
Sea salt for garish
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 8X8 inch pan with oil and set it aside.
2. Add tofu in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, add tofu, baking soda and corn starch. Mix well.
4. Fold in sugar, flour, salt, vanilla extract, water and cocoa powder.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and walnut.
6. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Take the brownie out of oven and let it cool to room temperature. Slice into individual portion.
8. Garnish with Sea Salt and serve.