Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Liyan and Loh Kean Yew from Singapore Badminton Association and Mdm Ling Bee Sian Head of Jamiyah Nursing Home as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
- Airfryer Charsiew
- Maple & Mustard Crusted Salmon
- Lychee Muffins
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series! Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getacti...
Air Fryer Char Siew (Serves 4)
● 400 g Pork shoulder/chicken thigh
o 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
o 1 tbsp oyster sauce
o 2 tbsp Honey/Maple syrup
o 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
o 1 tbsp chinese wine
o 1 tsp five-spice powder
o 1 tsp white pepper
o 2 tsp sesame oil
1. Clean and dry meat for marinade
2. Combine ingredients for marinade in a bowl and mix thoroughly
3. Mix meat and marinade thoroughly, marinate for at least 4 hours, best if overnight
4. Place marinated meat on basket of air fryer (tip: place aluminium foil under basket to catch excess sauce)
5. Cook at 160 deg for 30 mins (turn over at 15 min)
6. Remove from air fryer and allow meat to rest for 5 mins before slicing
Maple and Mustard Crusted Salmon (Serves 2)
● 250 g salmon
● 2 medium sized potatoes, chopped to 1-inch size
● ½ capsicum, chopped (or any other veggies)
● 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
● 1-2 garlic cloves, smashed
● 1 tsp mixed herbs
● Crust mix:
o 2 tbsp melted butter
o 1 tbsp mustard
o 2 tsp maple syrup
o 1 tsp soy sauce
o ¼ cup bread crumbs
o 2 tsp chopped parsley/spring onion
1. Clean and dry salmon. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place on basket of air fryer (tip: lightly oil base of basket to prevent salmon skin from sticking)
2. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper and mixed herbs (to taste).
3. Place vegetables into air fryer with salmon (at the side) and cook for 190 deg for 5 mins.
4. Melt butter in a microwave and combine crust mix in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Carefully place crust mix on top of salmon and continue to cook for another 8 – 10 mins.
6. Remove salmon and veggies from basket and serve!
Lychee Muffins (Serves 6)
● 1.5 cup self-raising flour
● 0.5 cup sugar
● ½ tsp salt
● 1/3 cup vegetable oil
● 1/3 cup plain yogurt
● 1 egg
● 1 cup chopped lychee
● 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Mix lychee with batter and comine gently
4. Spoon batter into silicon muffin cups and sprinkle some brown sugar on top of each muffin.
5. Cook muffins at 180 deg for 15 – 20 mins (flip basket halfway through to ensure even heating)
6. Muffin is cooked when toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean