And we're back! Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Master Chef Cheryl, and guest former Singapore National footballer Aleksandar Duric as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1. Berry Good Goji Jam
2. Roasted Pumpkin Soup
3. Eye Health Salad
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series! Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getacti...
Unsure of what you can do during #CircuitBreaker?
From fitness to wellness, skills and knowledge based activities, we've got you covered! Visit this link: https://bit.ly/3cqyp4y
More virtual classes are also available on ActiveSGCircle! : https://bit.ly/fb-activesg-circle-vir...
Berry-Good Goji Jam
¼ cup dried goji berries
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ orange, juice
½ lemon, juiced
½ cup fresh/ frozen berries of choice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1. Place cranberries, goji berries, lemon and orange juice, strawberries and honey in a small pot.
2. Place pot on low to medium heat, for ~10min, until dried fruit is softened. Add fruit mixture into a blender and blend till smooth.
3. Add chia seeds, mix well and allow to stand for ~10min till thickened. Serve.
Roasted pumpkin soup
700 - 900g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed, skin on
1 large white onion, peeled and roughly chopped
~1L vegetable or chicken stock, add less if you prefer a thicker soup
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
Evaporated milk, optional to serve
Croutons, optional to serve
1. To a roasting pan, add pumpkin, garlic and onion. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Roast in a pre-heated oven of 180 deg Celsius for ~20-30min until pumpkin is soft.
2. Add cooked pumpkin to a pot and cover with sufficient stock. Using an immersion blender, blend till smooth. Leave it to simmer over medium heat, ~10min. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Serve in a bowl, with toppings of choice. Enjoy! (serves 4)
Goji berry dressing
5 tbsp Goji berry jam
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Noodles of choice - soba, pasta
Broccoli, cut into florets and roasted
Pumpkin, cubed and roasted
Protein of choice – eggs, salmon
Baby spinach, washed
Croutons or roasted nuts to serve
1. Add goji berry dressing ingredients to a glass jar. Cover and shake vigorously until well mixed.
2. Construct salad. Top with dressing and serve.