And we're back! Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Liyan, and guest Actor Hanrey as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1. Lemongrass tofu
2. Pine nuts and corn mix
3. Lemongrass jelly
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones. Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getactive-tv-live
Unsure of what you can do during #CircuitBreaker? From fitness to wellness, skills and knowledge based activities, we've got you covered! Visit this link: https://bit.ly/3cqyp4y
More virtual classes are also available on ActiveSG Circle! : https://bit.ly/fb-activesg-circle-virtual-classes
1. Lemongrass Tofu (Serves 4)
● 1.5 blocks firm tofu (~300 g), cut into small rectangles
● 5-6 stalks lemongrass, outer layer removed, diagonally sliced
● 1 bunch coriander, remove roots and stalks from leaves
● 2 tbsp olive oil
o ½ tsp five-spice powder
o ¾ tsp turmeric powder
o 1 tbsp light soy sauce
o 1 tbsp mirin or maple syrup
o 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
o 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or replace teriyaki sauce and vinegar with plum soy sauce)
o 1 tbsp ginger juice
o Sprinkle of pepper or garlic powder
1. Mix marinade in a small bowl.
2. Coat tofu with marinade and let sit for a few minutes.
3. Gently bruise lemongrass and coriander, set aside.
4. In a hot pan, add olive oil. When oil is hot, pan fry tofu until sides are golden brown. Keep
marinade for later. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. (add more oil if required) Pan fry lemongrass and coriander root until fragrant.
6. Add cooked tofu back into fry pan and mix thoroughly. Add the remaining marinade to the
mixture. Serve when marinade is thoroughly mixed.
2. Pine Nuts Vege-Mix (Serves 4)
● 1/3 cup pine nuts
● 1 cup corn kernels
● ½ cup diced French beans
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toast pine nuts in a fry pan for a few mins, or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Add oil to fry pan, when oil is hot, add garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add French beans and stir fry for a few mins.
4. Add corn kernels and continue to stir-fry for a few mins, until mixture becomes shiny.
5. Add toasted pine nuts and mix thoroughly.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
3. Lemongrass jelly (Serves 8)
● 3-4 stalks of lemongrass, outer layer removed
● 100 g pandan leaves
● 4-5 kaffir lime leaves, central vein removed, julienned
● 2L water
● 310 sugar
● 1 sachet ice jelly (25g)
● 8 Small lime/Calamansi
● 1 packet ice jelly premix (volume of water to follow instructions on premix)
1. Boil water in a pot. Add lemon grass and lime leaves and leave to boil for 20 mins.
2. At the last 10 mins, add pandan leaves.
3. Remove lemongrass and pandan leaves from the boiling mixture.
4. Add sugar and ice jelly powder to liquid. Mix well.
5. Pour mixture into appropriate size containers to cool. Refrigerate for 30 mins for jelly to set.
6. Serve with calamansi.