And we're back! Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Dr Ricco, Diver Freida & Team Singapore Sailors, Kimberley & Cecilia, as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
- Hoisen Salmon with Curly Citrus Salad
- Mug Muffin
- Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series! Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones.
Enjoy the programme!
More virtual classes are also available on ActiveSGCircle! : https://bit.ly/fb-activesg-circle-vir...
Hoisen salmon with curly citrus salad (Serves 4)
4 fillets of salmon
1 bunch of spring onions
1. Peel carrot into ribbons. Roll them up and fix them with a tooth pick. Take spring onions, trim the greens off and starting 1cm from the bottom slice length ways into 4 long strips. Add carrots and spring onions to a bowl of iced water to curl up for 15 minutes
2. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and fry salmon skin side down. Loosen Hoisen sauce with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and paint onto salmon. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until cooked through
3. Slice orange into circles
4. Arrange cooked salmon on orange slices and too with curly salad vege
Fast Mug muffin puddings (Serves 2)
50 ml Olive oil plus some for greasing the cup
1 Tbsp strawberry jam plus extra for serving
75ml cream plus extra for serving
50g self raising Flour
75g Ground Almonds
1. Grease two tea cups with a little olive oil
2. In a bowl mix olive oil, jam, cream and eggs
3. Add the flour, almonds and a pinch of salt and mix again
4. Divide the mixture between cups and microwave each cup for 2-3 minutes until a knife comes out clean when the muffin is poked
5. Turn out, drizzle with jam and cream and enjoy warm
Mango chicken lettuce wraps (Serves 4 as a light snack or entree)
1 Chicken breast
1 ripe mango
1 romaine lettuce
1 punnet of sprouts
1. Drizzle olive oil in a pan and cook chicken breast both sides until juices run clear
2. Slice mango down each side of the stone, then cross cross the flesh, invert to mango skin and slice off the mango into dice sized pieces.
3. Take the mango stone and squeeze the flesh and juices into a small bowl. Add hoisen sauce and stir to mix and make a dipping sauce
4. Serve all together on a platter, wrapping the chicken, mango, sprouts and sauce w in the lettuce leaves