And we're back! Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Dr. Ricco, and Entrepreneur Ray Sheng as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1. Lamb tagine
2. Strawberry lemonade breakfast ice cream
3. Beetroot hummus
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones. Enjoy the programme!
Unsure of what you can do during #CircuitBreaker? From fitness to wellness, skills and knowledge based activities, we've got you covered! Visit this link: https://bit.ly/3cqyp4y
Speedy Lamb Tagine
300g lamb, cubed
1 large or 3 small aubergines
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 dried apricots
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 cup Couscous
- Cook aubergines in the microwave for 5 minutes on high
- Add 1 Cup couscous to 2 cups Boiled water and stir. Squeeze a lemon into the water, place lemon halves in the couscous and cover. Leave to one side.
- Season lamb cubes with salt and paprika.
- In a pan, add olive oil, and fry off cubed lamb.
- Add dried fruit and sliced peppers to the pan
- Add a squeeze of tomato paste and 1/2 cup boiling water
- Halve the cooked aubergines down the middle and put them white size down in the juices of the pan.
- Simmer until tender, about 10 minutes
- Serve with couscous and beetroot Hummus
Beetroot hummus (Serves 4-6)
1 cup chickpeas or soy beans
1 small cooked beetroot
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
1 squeezed Lemon
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Add all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency. Adjust salt and lemon juice and add extra olive oil if you like.
- Serve with lamb tagine, vege sticks or crackers
Strawberry lemonade ice cream (Serves 1-2)
1 frozen banana
6 frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
1/2 squeezed lemon
1 Tbsp honey
Nuts, granola, sliced fruit, Chia seeds, honey
- Blend frozen banana and strawberries together with the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice and honey. Add extra frozen fruit if it is a bit loose. More Greek honey will loosen it if it is too thick.
- Pour into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!