And we're back! Join host Ben Logan Sng, Singapore Sport Institute Dietitian Parim, and Triathlete Cheryl Tay as we whip up 3 delectable dishes for you today.
1. Baked prawn with tomato and feta
2. Pappadam with avocado and pomegranate dip
3. Flour less cinnamon Tea fruit cake
Find out how you can still indulge in your favourite food but keep healthy at the same time in our cooking shows and nutrition series!
Try out some of these recipes yourself while you are at home this period, and cook up a healthy feast for your loved ones. Enjoy the programme!
Catch more of Get Active TV's LIVE shows here! : https://circle.myactivesg.com/getactive-tv-live
Unsure of what you can do during #CircuitBreaker? From fitness to wellness, skills and knowledge based activities, we've got you covered! Visit this link: https://bit.ly/3cqyp4y
More virtual classes are also available on ActiveSGCircle! : https://bit.ly/fb-activesg-circle-virtual-classes
Baked Prawns with Tomato and Feta (serves ~4)
● 500g large prawns, peeled and deveined
● 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
● ½ Red Capsicum, cubed
● 7 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
● 1 teaspoon dried oregano
● Pinch of caster sugar
● 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
● 75g feta cheese, cubes
● Salt and ground black pepper
● 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute tender until it turns translucent.
3. Add red pepper and stir occasionally 2-3 mins until it begins to soften.
4. Stir in chopped tomatoes, sugar and oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook gently over medium-low heat, stir occasionally, until sauce thickened slightly, about 15 mins.
6. Stir in prawns and parsley into tomato sauce. Tip into a baking dish and spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle feta cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley before serving.
Poppadam with Avocado Pomegranate Dip (serves ~4)
¼ small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ pomegranate seeds
½ teaspoon Garam masala, optional
Pinch of salt and black pepper
3 large poppadam, cut into quarters
1. Preheat up oven 190 Degrees Celsius
2. Pit, peal and mash avocado in a medium bowl.
3. Add onion, lemon juice, garam masala, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
4. Stir in pomegranate in the dip.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Place poppadam on baking tray and bake each side for 1 min.
7. Serve poppadam on a platter with the dip.
Flourless Cinnamon Tea Fruit Cake (serves 8)
1 black tea bag or water
170g ground almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground mixed all-spice
½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
4 medium eggs
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoom lemon zest
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 handful chopped almond, garnish
Pinch of salt
1. Pour 250 ml boiling water into a measuring jug with a tea bag. Leave it to infuse for 4-5
minutes. Pour hot tea over raisins in a bowl. Discard the tea bag. Stir well and soak for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Drain and leave to dry on a kitchen towel until raisins are moist and not wet.
3. Preheat the oven 170 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a small cake pan.
4. Combine almond, cinnamon, mixed all-spice, bicarbonate soda and salt in a large bowl.
5. Mix eggs, one at a time. Add honey, oil and zest. Fold in until all blended well.
6. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom powder. Blend well.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk sugar. eggs, oil, yogurt, oil, lemon and lemon juice until well blended.
8. Scoop batter into prepared cake pan and sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until the top is golden brown or the center of the cake comes out clean on the toothpick.