Skip to content
CEO, Mr Lim Teck Yin, signing the memorandum of understanding on behalf of Sport Singapore for the WLTD in Lifestyle and Recreation Management. news

SportSG partners ITE for Work-Learn Technical Diploma Programme

Share Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Email

 

The Institue of Technical Education (ITE) is offering ten new Work-Learn Technical Diploma (WLTD) from April 2019 to increase opportunities for ITE graduates to strengthen their skills in the industry and progress further in their careers.

CEO, Mr Lim Teck Yin, signing the memorandum of understanding on behalf of Sport Singapore for the WLTDSportSG CEO, Mr Lim Teck Yin, signing the memorandum of understanding on behalf of Sport Singapore. Photo: Sport Singapore

To officiate Sport Singapore’s commitment with the ITE, SportSG CEO, Mr Lim Teck Yin, signed the memorandum of understanding on Thursday (2 Nov) evening at the Tay Eng Soon Convention Centre, ITE HQ.

Minister of Education, Mr Ong Ye Kung, was also there to grace the event, as well as to witness the signing ceremony.

“The WLTD program is at a scale that is quite big, it is very manpower and management attention intensive to supervise every program. It is akin to setting up a 4th ITE campus without a physical location,” Minister Ong said.

The WLTD programme will last between two and a half and three years and will see students learning on-the-job in the respective companies 70 per cent of their curriculum time, and the remaining 30 per cent will be held in ITE campuses.

Minister of Education, Mr Ong Ye Kung delivering his speech to the guests. Minister of Education, Mr Ong Ye Kung delivering his speech. Photo: Sport Singapore 

Speaking about the WLTD program, CEO of ITE, Ms Low Khah Gek, said: “We recognise that the WLTD pathway will certainly enhance the skills-upgrading and career progression opportunities for IT graduates as they will have another option beyond the full-time and part-time diploma programmes”.

She added: “Our target is that by 2022, we are able to provide WLTD places for 7% of each cohort and if the demand and support stay strong, the WLTD places may even go up to 10%”.

The two diplomas that Sport Singapore is supporting namely, the WLTD in Lifestyle and Recreation Management and the WLTD in Community Engagement and Development.

Mr Lim Teck Yin, CEO of Sport Singapore, said during an interview: “It is very important for an organisation like us to be able to present the opportunity for our staff to upgrade themselves to continue learning and developing to reach their fullest potential”.

Singapore Sports Council logo

Live Better Through Sport - Sport Singapore recognises the value of sport in advancing the national priorities of developing our people and bonding our communities.

Contact

Singapore Sports Council location map

SPORT SINGAPORE
3 Stadium Drive, Singapore 397630

(Tel) 1800-3441177 (Fax) 6440 9205