Glasgow Breaking: A Silver and a new National Record for Joseph Schooling
29 July, 2014
Joseph Schooling has won a Silver medal for Singapore with a time of 51:69 seconds in the Men's 100m Butterfly Finals. This is a new national record and his new personal best.
Did you know that?
- His timing of 51:69 seconds is the 4th fastest time in the world this year. This is just 0.02 seconds slower than Michael Phelps' best time of 2014
- It is also the fastest time in Asia this year
- If this were the Asian Games, it would have been a new Asian Games record!
- This is the top 50 fastest time ever in the 100m Butterfly Event
- Joseph is the first Singaporean and South East Asian to go under 52 seconds in this event