ActiveSG Volleyball Academy aims to establish an integrated pathway for boys and girls to learn the sport in a safe environment with well-designed programming. These junior participants will be taught important life skills such as discipline, respect and team spirit while developing their Volleyball basics and their awareness of pursuing excellence in all things.
ActiveSG Volleyball Academy is offering coaches who are passionate about guiding and mentoring young players in the sport the opportunity to join the Academy as an Assistant Coach. Successful applicants will accumulate practical experience in a well-designed and monitored environment, learn and grow under the mentorship of our head coaches and stand to develop their capabilities through a series of coaching and education workshops.
- School Sports Partnership (SSP)
- Approximately 1.5-2 hours
- Approximately 4-8 sessions
- Weekdays Only (between 7am – 5pm)
- Outreach and other engagements
- Approximately 2-4 hours
- Mostly Weekdays
Applicants should minimally possess the following:
- National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Level 1 or SG-Coach Level 1 (or equivalent) in Volleyball
- Registered under National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- Registered under the MOE system (beta.moe.gov.sg).
- Experience in coaching children aged 9-16 in Volleyball
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR + AED
Successful applicants will be paid S$60 per hour and will be required to:
- Commit to coaching regularly
- Attend coaches training session(s) by the Academy before start of the season
- Assist / Deliver training lessons in accordance to the Academy’s curriculum
- Register under the National Registry of Coaches (NROC) as Coach by end of the 2021
- Attend coaching and education workshops whenever necessary
All interested applicants should submit soft copies of their curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their playing and coaching experiences, as well as all supporting documents and certificates to ActiveSG_Volleyball@sport.gov.sg. All submissions will be evaluated and successful applicants will be contacted shortly.