ActiveSG Tennis Academy aims to establish an integrated pathway for boys and girls to learn the sport in a safe environment with well-designed programming. These junior participants will be taught important life skills such as discipline, respect and team spirit while developing their Tennis basics and their awareness of pursuing excellence in all things.
ActiveSG Tennis Academy is offering coaches who are passionate about guiding and mentoring young players in the sport the opportunity to join the Academy as an Assistant Coach. Successful applicants will accumulate practical experience in a well-designed and monitored environment, learn and grow under the mentorship of our head coaches and stand to develop their capabilities through a series of coaching and education workshops.
ActiveSG Tennis Academy Voyager programmes (subject to change):
- At least Three (3) to Four (4) runs of 10 weeks programme annually
- Mondays to Saturdays
- Programme training hours (subject to change)
- Monday to Friday: 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday: 9am – 7.00pm
- Venues: Various Sport Centres such as Heartbeat@Bedok, St. Wilfred Tennis Centre, Pasir Ris SRC etc
- Deployment to any ActiveSG Tennis Voyager programmes when required
- Adhoc coaching assignments to Schools’ outreach and other ad hoc events when required *Coaching hours might vary depending on availability.
To be considered for the position of Assistant Coach, applicants must have a valid registration in the sport of Tennis with the National Registry of Coaches (“NROC”), either as a Full Member or Provisional Member.
Applicants with at least three (3) years of experience in coaching children aged 5-20 in Tennis will be considered favourably.
Successful applicants will be paid at the rate below:
- ITF Level 1 Certification or equivalent - $60/hour
- ITF Level 2 and above Certification or equivalent - $80/hour
Applicants will be required to:
- Attend coaches training session(s) by the Academy season (if any)
- Assist the Head Coach to deliver training lessons
- Maintain individual membership under the National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- Maintain valid registration under Ministry of Education (MOE)’s Relief Employment Management System (REMS) portal [Scheme for Relief Educators (SRE) and Relief Allied Educator (READ) Scheme]
- Attend coaching and education workshops whenever necessary
- Commit to coaching regularly for the programme
All interested applicants are required to submit soft copies of their curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their playing and coaching experiences, as well as all supporting documents and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be evaluated and successful applicants will be contacted for an interview session subsequently.