ActiveSG Floorball Club (AFC) provides opportunities for children and youth to learn the sport in a safe environment with well-designed programming. Besides learning about the technical skills relevant to the sport, the Club also promotes values inculcation and discipline amongst participants.
ActiveSG Floorball Club is offering passionate coaches the opportunity to join us as an Assistant Coach. Successful applicants will accumulate practical experience in a well-designed and monitored environment, while also growing and developing their capabilities.
Scope of Work:
- Deliver and conduct any AFC programmes and support outreach efforts, including but not limited to School Sports Partnership Programme, Clinics/Workshops/Try-outs, School Holiday Programmes, Season Programmes (if any), School CCA Programmes and Multi-Sports Programme;
- Introduce, promote and encourage participation in the Sport of Floorball;
- Co-create and implement the Floorball training curriculum(s) with Lesson Plans to be used during the programmes and outreach, subject to SportSG’s approval;
- Provide and/or adhere to appropriate lessons plans for the programme as provided or stipulated by the National Sports Association / MOE or any other parties subject to SportSG’s approval;
- Attend pre-event/work meeting as required;
- Conduct programmes and sessions in designated Schools Compound, any Sport Centres as assigned and/or specified in writing by SportSG from time to time;
- Adhere to schools’ Expectations of Instructors’ as provided by the MOE schools
- Engage key stakeholders of AFC by:
- Maintaining good, regular and prompt communications with SportSG Staff and Management, teachers and participants; and
- Establishing a good rapport with other fellow coaches, members of the AFC’s task force and members of SFA.
Applicants should minimally possess the following:
- Minimum Level 1 Certification from Singapore Floorball Association (or equivalent);
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Membership (Active Status);
- Standard First Aid Certification, with AED & CPR;
- Values and Principles in Sport (VPS) Certification (or equivalent);
- Registration with Ministry of Education - Physical Sports CCA Coach or Instructor;
- Possess track records in coaching and nurturing children and youth
Successful applicants will sign a “Contract for Services For Assistant Coaches” with ActiveSG and to be paid on a pay-per-use basis on the stipulated hourly rate determined by ActiveSG Floorball Club.
He / She must maintain individual membership under the National Registry of Coaches (NROC) and maintain valid registration with Ministry of Education as a Physical Sports CCA Coach or Instructor.
All interested applicants should submit their Sport Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing their playing and coaching experiences, as well as all relevant supporting documents and certificates stated above to SPORT_ActiveSG_Floorball_Club@sport.gov.sg.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview and assessment session subsequently.