ActiveSG Basketball Academy aims to establish an integrated pathway for boys and girls to learn the sport in a safe environment with well-designed programming. These junior participants will be taught important life skills such as discipline, respect and team spirit while developing their basketball basics and their awareness of pursuing excellence in all things.
ActiveSG Basketball Academy is offering coaches who are passionate about guiding and mentoring young players in the sport the opportunity to join the Academy as an Assistant Coach. Successful applicants will accumulate practical experience in a well-designed and monitored environment, learn and grow under the mentorship of our head coaches and stand to develop their capabilities through a series of coaching and education workshops.
ActiveSG Basketball Academy Season programmes:
- At least Three (3) to Four (4) runs of 10 weeks programme annually
- Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
- Up to three 90-minute sessions per day
- Wednesday: 5pm – 6.30pm, 6.30pm – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 10.30am, 11am – 12.30pm & 1pm – 2.30pm
- Venues: Various Sport Centres such as Jurong West, Choa Chu Kang, Clementi, Sengkang, Hougang, Pasir Ris etc
- Deployment to any ActiveSG Basketball Seasonal programmes when required
- Adhoc deployment to Schools’ outreach programmes and other venues when required
Applicants should minimally possess the following:
- Possession of National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Membership, comprising of
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR + AED
- At least National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Level 1 or SG-Coach Level 1 (or equivalent)
- Values and Principles in Sport (VPS) Certificate or its equivalent
- At least 1 or more coaching record/experience of children aged between 5-14 year old in basketball
Successful applicants will be paid at the rate of S$40 per hour and will be required to:
- Attend coaches training session(s) by the Academy before start of the season if any
- Assist the Head Coach to deliver training lessons in accordance to the Academy’s curriculum
- Maintain individual membership under the National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- Maintain valid registration in Ministry of Education (MOE)’s Relief Employment Management System (REMS) portal [Scheme for Relief Educators (SRE) and Relief Allied Educator (READ) Scheme]
- Attend coaching and education workshops whenever necessary
All interested applicants are required to submit soft copies of their curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their playing and coaching experiences, as well as all supporting documents and certificates to ActiveSG_Basketball@sport.gov.sg. All submissions will be evaluated and successful applicants will be contacted for an interview session subsequently.