ActiveSG Badminton Academy aims to establish an integrated pathway for boys and girls to learn the sport in a safe environment with well-designed programming. These junior participants will be taught important life skills such as discipline, respect and team spirit while developing their badminton basics and their awareness of pursuing excellence in all things.
ActiveSG Badminton Academy is offering coaches who are passionate about guiding and mentoring young players in the sport the opportunity to join the Academy as an Assistant Coach. Successful applicants will accumulate practical experience in a well-designed and monitored environment, learn and grow under the mentorship of our head coaches and stand to develop their capabilities through a series of coaching and education workshops.
- Deployment to Schools’ outreach programmes and other venues when required
Applicants should minimally possess the following:
- Possession of National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Membership, comprising of
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR + AED
- At least National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) Level 1 or SG-Coach Level 1 (or equivalent)
- Values and Principles in Sport (VPS) Certificate or its equivalent
- At least 1 or more coaching record/experience of children aged between 5-14 year old in badminton
- Registration with Ministry of Education - Physical Sports CCA Coach or Instructor
Successful applicants will be paid at the rate of S$60 per hour and will be required to:
- Attend coaches training session(s) by the Academy before start of the season if any
- Assist the Head Coach to deliver training lessons in accordance to the Academy’s curriculum
- Maintain individual membership under the National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- Maintain valid registration with Ministry of Education as a Physical Sports CCA Coach or Instructor
- Attend coaching and education workshops whenever necessary
All interested applicants are required to submit soft copies of their curriculum vitae (CV) detailing their playing and coaching experiences, as well as all supporting documents and certificates to Leslie_Li@sport.gov.sg. All submissions will be evaluated and successful applicants will be contacted for an interview session subsequently.