Singapore Badminton Association (SBA) Badminton Academy @ ActiveSG
Now Open ! Programmes starting in July/August 2019
Did you know the speed and power of Badminton? With the shuttlecock speed going as fast as 408km per hour, Badminton is officially the world’s fastest racket sport.
Whether you would like your child to experience badminton or embark on a pathway to excel in it, the SBA Badminton Academy @ ActiveSG is the right place for you! Helmed by professional coaches, they will be on hand to guide your child every step of the way to instill values and character development. From fundamental movement skills to core badminton skills, the programmes are designed to be fun, yet challenging.
||Beginner (Shuttle Time)
||6-12 years old
||8-15 years old
||Basic skills development
- Fundamental movement skills for better eye-hand, eye-feet, and hand-feet coordination
- Basis techniques of controlling, gripping, handling and footwork
- Basic forecourt and rear court skills such as net shot, hit and throw
- Ratio 1:10
The Shuttle Time syllabus is a learn-to-play programme by Badminton World Federation (BWF). Lessons are taught in a fun approach through games and activates. No prior badminton experience required.
|Skills development I
- Further development of fundamental badminton skills, techniques of controlling, gripping, and handling
- Drills for basic footwork, agility, and speed.
- Forecourt and rear court skills such as net shot, clear, and lifting
- Mini competitions within training sessions
- Ratio 1:8
This programme provides participants the basic knowledge, skill and understanding of the game of Badminton. The approach is games centric, presenting the basic movements and skills in a fun way.
|Skills Development II
- Forecourt skills – netting, lifting, and push
- Midcourt skills – block and drive
- Rear court skills – clear (lob), drop, and smash
- Drills for proper footwork, agility, and speed
- Decision-making Skills
- Team tactics
- Ratio 1:6
This programme is for participants who have fundamental knowledge and skills in Badminton as well as for those who have some playing experience and wish to enhance their playing skills.
They will learn a variety of badminton techniques, footwork, and simple tactical skills.
- Clementi Sports Hall
- Heartbeat @ Bedok Sports Hall
- Hougang Sports Hall
- Pasir Ris Sports Hall
- Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
||$200 per programme
|$240 per programme
|$320 per programme
Register for the SBA Badminton Academy @ ActiveSG Programmes today!
NEW registered participant of any of our SBA Badminton Academy @ ActiveSG Programmes will be entitled to a free starter kit comprises of:
(Images for illustration purpose only)
- Li-Ning Badminton Racket Bag
- Li-Ning Badminton Racket
- Academy t-shirt
For existing student who have completed any of the SBA Badminton Academy @ ActiveSG Programme, and would like to continue by signing up with our academy programmes will be entitled to an Academy t-shirt
Information updated as of 11 Jun 2019
Other ActiveSG Sports Academies and Clubs