About the Centre
Enabling Village ActiveSG Gym is a public gym that is managed by Sport Singapore.
This space was set up by SG Enable, a government-established body that is dedicated to enabling people with disabilities. This is the first inclusive gym where people with disabilities, seniors and the able-bodied can come together to work out and participate in selected sports programmes together.
The inclusive gym has a studio that occupies a floor area of 258sqm. It is equipped with special gym equipment like removable seats for wheelchair users, Braille dots on the treadmill user panels to help the visually impaired and a “hearing induction loop” system in the studio for those who use hearing aids.
To extend its reach to people with disabilities and seniors, it will also introduce suitable fitness and sports programmes.
It is centrally located and in close proximity to Redhill MRT for the convenience of all users of the gym.
Safe Management Measures for ActiveSG Gyms
- Venue capacity of 50 pax at any one time.
- Extended gym operating hours is from 7am to 12.30am, except for Toa Payoh West CC Gym, Ang Mo Kio CC Gym and Enabling Village Gym which will close at 10pm.
- Booking required via ActiveSG app.
- Toilets are open. Users to observe safe distancing measures.
- No socialisation beyond activities.